May 16th, 2008
A playlist to smooth you through your day…
- The Sanford Townsend Band- Smoke From A Distant Fire
- Christopher Cross- Never Be The Same
- Kenny Loggins with Jim Messina- Nobody But You
- Toto- Rosanna
- Michael McDonald- Sweet Freedom
- Steely Dan- Old School
- Rupert Holmes- Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- America- Magic
- Christopher Cross- Ride Like The Wind
- Glenn Fry- Smugglers Blues
- Hall & Oates- I Can’t Go For That (Live)
- Orleans- Reach
- Mike Post Featuring Larry Carlton- Theme From Hill Street Blues
- Jan Hammer- Theme from Miami Vice
- Vangelis- Chariots of Fire Titles
December 15th, 2007
Hall and Oates’ Manager, Gino, tries to convince Kenny Loggins to ditch Messina and go solo.
“Go to the Doobies Mike. Squadle diddle dee!!” – Steely Dan
“Gino gets you everything you need! Fame, Fortune, Fagina!” – John Oates
November 24th, 2007
Daryl Hall takes getting smacked in the nuts like a man.
January 14th, 2007
This just blew my mind. Like really really blew my mind. What an incredible duo– not to mention how mesmerizing John Oates’ moustache is. Enjoy.
August 9th, 2006
“Shut the fuck up. All of you, shut the fuck up. Hall and I will not stand idly by as you California vagina sailors stab the American airwaves in the balls with your shit.. music. “
- Yacht Rock, Episode 1
So get this.. true story: Daryl Hall and John Oates met in 1967 while at a band competition with their own bands (the Temptones, and the Masters) “when gunfire rang out between two rival gangs, and in trying to escape, they ran to the same service elevator.” Three years later they signed to Atlantic! HOW FUCKING SMOOTH IS THAT?!